Spoofing user agent to side step browser version checks
If you are anything like me you get a bit sick of people telling you what to do.. Recent my bank started to tell me what browser to use for using their site. I don't use a main stream browser, they are too nosey and are badly written resource hoggers..
To that end if you frequent a site that tries to tell you what browser you should use and you use a mozilla based browser (most are) you can do the following.
- Type about:config into the address bar and press enter.
- Tick the I'll be careful box and continue.
- In the search box type general.useragent.override to filter out the results.
- Add a new string and call it general.useragent.override.DOMAINNAME.DOMAINEXTENTION
- For the value add Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0 - change the 47.0 to the latest FF version.
- Save the changes and restart..
You can now circumnavigate the checks lazy ass web developers that can't be bothered to code portable sites for all browsers are doing trying to force you to use resource hungry, nosey parker web prowsers!